Wednesday, March 7, 2007

New Craft Room

UPDATE: Ok...the craft room is almost done. The furniture is in place, and I've completed my new paper storage tower that I bought/made. I still need to hang curtains, pictures, and some other things, and I also need to find a new place for all of my stuff. I will post pics when I'm done. Don't worry, Amy will not be painting murals of the wall...




I've been pretty busy this week...busy painting! My craft room used to be red. I always wanted a red room, and I figured that was the only room Josh would ever let me paint red. I spent sooooo much time painting those walls....it must have taken 10 coats of paint to get to the red I wanted. Well, after I had my room set up to actually use for crafts/scrapbooking, I realized that red wasn't the best choice of color. It just made the room too dark. So this week, about 6 months after the red rage, I decided to paint the room a lighter color. I chose a nice blue-gray color called lunar eclipse from here. After two coats of primer and a nice coat of paint, the red is now covered, and the fun part begins...decorating and organizing. I bought some nice baskets with the fabric inside from here, and they were 25% off! Now I need to figure out where to put them. I even got my curtains on sale from here...I hope I like them when they are up on the wall! Anyways...that's all. I wanted to tell someone else, besides Josh. I think I'll try to swing by Hobby Lobby before Church to see about getting some shelves...they're half off this week!!

8 comments:

Heather said...

WHAT??? No pictures? I wanna see your room! LOL

amydc said...

Hey maybe since you are redecorating your room, why don't you let me come over & paint some murals on the walls of you & Josh? I would even be willing to paint a beatiful piece of your horse running wild in the pasture.
Let me know. I'll give you a good price.

April said...

I will add pics!! Its just not done yet.

~Telah said...

Yeah, I wanna see pictures too!

Jamie said...

Sounds like you are having a great week. Can't wait to see photos...

Kimberly said...

Hello, need pictures. Would love to see it. Have a great weekend.

Leah said...

I wanna see too.. hurry up and finish! :)

Jamie said...

Glad you are getting so much done. Cannot wait to see the finished result. Have a great weekend!