Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Road Trip

Yesterday, Leah, Amy, Audrey, Natalie, and me all went to Birmingham to shop at the Scrap Etc. scrapbook store. It was a fun trip. The store wasn't as big as we thought it was going to be, but it had a lot of stuff. We really lucked out too, because everything in the store was 25% off! I bought chipboard letters, a clock face transparency, two sets of stamps, a set of suede flowers, 1 piece of paper, and 1 pen. You guys know I love a good sale, and I was impressed with the store's prices! Today, I stopped by the Pottery to check out their scrapbooking aisle. It was ok...they had a lot of sticker-type items. I did find some clear stamps, tags, some cool brad letters, colored staples (89 cents Telah!), and some rub on letters. They did have good prices for what they had. Here's a pic of all the stuff I bought. My favorite purchase is the set of stamps by k i memories called disco dots.



Since I have been lucky with the RAK contests recently, I thought I would give away an RAK as well. I'm feeling generous since its spring break and all! I bought some extra clear stamps today that I will give away. If you leave a comment, your name will be in for a drawing. I'll pick a name on Sunday night, and declare a winner! Here is a pic of the stamps:



Finally, while I was in the shower yesterday, I made up a song. Well, I put new words to an old song. It goes to the tune of the song that goes, "1,2,3,4,5 everybody's in the car, so come on let's ride..." That is not such a good song. My song goes:

1,2,3,4,5 everybody's in the van,
So come on, Let's ride
to the scrapbook store around the corner
the girls say they want some brads and stamps,
but I really don't wanna
be broke like I was last week,
Scrapbookin' stuff just aint cheap.

I haven't come up with the next part yet...maybe yall can add some words!

7 comments:

amydc said...

I will be winning your rak.

Leah said...

You shoulda hooked a girl up with some colored staples! Now I gotta go to Pottery Barn.. I mean Old Time Pottery. LOL

And I'm still laughing at your song.. .. that's hilarious.

~Telah said...

LOL...you are so funny. Good for you on the staples! Let me know next time y'all go to B'ham...I wanna go.

Traci said...

April, I sure would LOVE to win your RAK. I've never won one before, you know, and clear stamps are my new favorite thing!

Cheryl Wray said...

Ha! HA!! You're so funny with your song!!
I was just 20 minutes from you the other day (I'm on the other side of Bham). ScrapEtc.is a great store!
Have a great weekend!!!
Oh, and great RAK you're giving away!!

Jamie said...

Love your song! That is too cute!!

It looks like you girls had a successful road trip down to Hoover.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Kimberly S. said...

I don't want to here about it! LOL! I didn't get to go...but I do want to go next time! We need to plan when we are going soon.