Saturday, February 17, 2007

First Circle Journal Topic is Done!!

I am feeling pretty productive today! I finished my layout for the circle journal I was assigned this month! The topic was poetry, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I don't read a lot of poetry, so I did a search on the net to find one. And yes, it is a poem that is sort of about dogs. I know some of you who know me may be tired of my dog and horse pictures, but oh well! I don't have any kids to photograph, and my husband ducks when he sees a camera. However, the dog and horse are very photogenic, and they can't tell me no! So, here is the layout. I am going to have to learn to plan my layouts ahead of time, instead of letting them evolve as I go. I finished one of the pages before I decided I wanted it a different way, and it wasn't easy to change it! Some lines are crooked, but I like it. I also decided to experiment with some colors that I normally don't use a lot of, pink and orange. They look pretty good together, and I have plenty of these colors in the paper packs that I buy. They're still not my favorite, but I like the way the layout turned out.





5 comments:

Heather said...

Very cute layout, April! You are way ahead of me! I need to get started on my entry for this month...oh and that's right...I have yours! :)

~Telah said...

Good job, April! I like the colors..I know that was a step out for you. But you still got some brown in there too. :) I need to do my circle journal LO too...but I can't remember my theme right now.

Kimberly said...

Too cute, i like the colors together. I need to work on my circle journal layout for Julies album. Looking forward to scrapping again, just not tell 5 am! LOL!

Leah said...

Love the poem! and I like the colors.. pink is my fave :)

Jamie said...

Yout layouts look great and that poem is too cute!